Free Tips and Tricks from your BoomerTECH Adventures Guides
It’s like having one of us leaning over your shoulder to help!
These resources (Guides, Tips, Tricks) are handy and helpful. Ideas come from frequently asked questions during our conversations with friends, family, and folks we meet at our sessions and other conferences. Some of these resources are PDFs which means they are downloadable on any device, no matter what platform you are using. Others are videos.
Featured Guide Sheet
Travel Checklist for your digital devices Digital Device Travel Checklist
• AirDrop–easily transfer files and images across Apple devices on the same Wi-Fi network. Click here to download a PDF file of directions. AirdropMac
• Basics of the Photos App: Organization and Navigation PDF explanation Photos App basics
• Attaching images from Photos on a Mac to emails and texts—blog post.
• Sharing photos across Apple devices—blog post.
• Photos for Mac—Making an Album—blog post.
• Set up Groups in the Contacts App on your Mac. Download these directions: Create Group in Contacts copy
iPads and iPhones
• Air Drop–easily transfer files and images across Apple devices on the same Wi-Fi network. Click here to download a PDF file of directions. AirDropiPadiPhone
• iPhone App Contacts screen
Illustrated guide for your iPhone Contacts screen in phone app: Download your own copy here. iPhoneContacts tutorial
• Customize the ringtone on your iPhone for incoming calls. By the Seashore for your spouse, Chimes for a best friend, or Radar for the person you least want to talk to. Click Ringtone Sheet to download.
• Secrets of the keyboard
• Texting for beginners
• Secrets to making the most out of your iPad—Blog post.
• Missing calls on iPhone because it doesn’t ring? Download a step-by-step guide to addressing the issue! Click here: Find My Ringer Directions
• Locking individual entries in the Notes app
Personal Music Playlists
• BTA Music Apps is a list of super apps that will help you create the sound score of your life.
• iTunes has a free radio with a multitude of stations. How you get to it looks a bit different on each device. Here is a diagram on how to operate iTunes Radio on an iPad running iOS 8. Your device might look a little different, however the basics are the same. You just may have to explore. Start by opening iTunes and search for iTunes Radio. Here’s the diagram you can download: iPad iTunes radiopdf
• Organization apps–Stay cool, calm, and collected during your hectic schedule. Download some ideas here: OrganizingYourDay
• Have you tried using an online calendar to keep your life and that of your spouse’s organized? No? Watch the video below and see how straightforward it is to set up a Google online calendar.
• Foolproof shopping tips for Boomer spouses—blog post.
• Balance Me Beautiful
15 Extreme Ways Technology Is Improving Our Health
Click the link above to read how technology is keeping us healthier through healthcare trackers and sensors, wellness records, eating apps, improving drugs, robotics, and more.
• The number one question we are asked–in restaurants, in classes, and on the street–How do I get these pictures off my phone??? Here is a quick step-by-step video on emailing a photo from your phone.
• Do you enjoy taking photos? How about editing them for special effects? Check out Photoshop Online Tools. Below is a quick introductory video to get you started with this free online tool. Have fun!
• 5 great tools to help you be a more efficient searcher on the internet. Click 5 Tools for Searching to download.
- Search without being tracked
- Add a filter to keep out objectionable material
- Narrow your search
Check Out Our YouTube Channel for More Videos!
Subscribe to the channel so you never miss a new video!
Have you “Liked” Our Facebook Page Yet?
Tips, Tech News, & Ideas for Using Your Digital Devices!