Yesterday at breakfast in a small cafe in Eastport, ME (the easternmost city in the continental U.S.) a gentleman at an adjacent table was fidgeting with his new smartphone while his tablemates were giving him all sorts of suggestions on how to make it work. Not wanting to intrude on their conversation but wanting to offer some help, I suggested that he watch a YouTube tutorial on his computer and learn how to use his new phone from the tutorial. If his new phone was an iPhone I would have suggested a number of resources that BoomerTECH Adventures have made for our friends and clients with a focus on Apple devices.
For our BoomerTECH Adventures (BTA) friends, family, clients, and customers here are some of our services and features that can help you become more knowledgeable about your iPhone, iPad, Watch, and Mac computer, useful tips about using the internet, and information about technology generally that everyone should know.
• BoomerTECH Adventures website is the home for many of our features below. Here you can learn about the three of us (Jill, Ed, & Chris) and how we transitioned from our previous jobs as educators, authors, and consultants to start BTA. You can also see our Corporate Social Responsibility Statement which we take very seriously. See the following for the other major sections of our website.
• We are active bloggers on a variety of topics focused on Apple devices, the internet, and the latest technology. Recent blogs posts include, “My Photo Stream Is Going Away,” “Messing Around With My iPhone Camera App, “ and “How Social Media Shapes Our World View.”
• BTA has 16 Video courses and one ebook on a variety of topics that will help you become a tech-savvy user. Our video courses are self-paced allowing you to control the schedule and pace. Best of all, help from us is only an email away and we are always happy to assist you with any question. Our brand new ebook, 15 iPhone/iPad Vision Accessibility Features, is especially for people with vision issues. This book identifies the settings and their options that will greatly assist those with vision issues.
• Many of our best clients (you!) have asked us to provide more personalized service and support to supplement the blog posts, videos, and step-by-step courses we already provide. That’s why we started BTA CLUB, a membership site where you have access to BTA many resources and the humans behind them. As a member of BTA CLUB you have insider access to curated content and speedy responses to your questions. Other membership perks include Zoom or phone calls to answer YOUR tech questions; a free BTA course each year; a community forum where you can interact with other members; unlimited advice and trouble-shooting via email…and much more.
• We are very proud of our YouTube Channel with 155 videos, many instructional and we know these videos will be instrumental in helping you learn about your personal technology. Recent videos include “Lift an Item Out of a Photograph,” “iPhone Tips That Will Make You Smile,” and “Flower Close-ups-Using Exposure, Zoom, and Focus.”
So…how do these resources help you answer questions and learn about your technology?
- Give you competence and confidence using your personal technology.
- Answer questions that are driving you crazy about your iPhone, iPad, Watch, and Mac computer.
- Make you more creative and productive on your devices.